Today is the International Blogging Day. I’ve come across some wonderful and inspiring blogs throughout the last year to the point that some bloggers have become a primary source of information for an expat like me, thirsty of news about Morocco, the Arab-Muslim Worlds and all other centers of interest.
- Morocco Savvy: the absolute portal for news on the Moroccan blogosphere. It’s run by Global Voices’ editor for the region. It’s a must!
- eatbees: a progressive blog by someone who knows what he’s talking about and who happens to be another Moroccan savvy. Also the main page is worth looking at.
- ‘Aqoul: that’s another one introduced by Moroccan Savvy. A prolific blogger. He (or she) has just posted a three part extended analysis on the History of elections in Morocco and a profound reading of events ahead of next 7th of September legislative elections. Highly recommended! (I later discovered, thanks to a comment by eatbees, that in fact this blog is ” a collective blog that writes about a variety of Middle East subjects, not just Moroccan politics. They recently invited Moroccan blogger Ibn Kafka to write the three-part series you describe.”)
- Ben Hein: the Israeli cartoonist is not only a wonderfully talented artist, he’s also a courageous and undefatigable pro-Palestinian activist. Inspiring!
- And last but not least… The Gazette: a roundup of Palestinian posts and blogs.